Sunday, March 25, 2007

Plantasia

Saturday I visited Plantasia, along with every other person in the Buffalo area, I think. It was crowded! It was so crowded in spots that you could not take a step in any direction. Good for them! (The weather was perfect���������not snowing, which keeps people home, and not beautiful and sunny, which keeps people outside. It was gloriously rainy.) Maria and I very much enjoyed ourselves and want to thank the Plantasia committee for allowing us, for the fourth year, to be a part of the show.

My time was limited and like I said, it was crowded, so I didn't get a lot of great images, unfortunately. I'll post here what I have.



It's Katie again!




The children's garden is quite large, and it has a huge sandbox AND a clown who makes stuff out of balloons.




Here's Maria, the pusher of snacks.











Congratulations to The English Gardener for Best in Show. I loved their use of copper throughout.









This popular duo entertained the masses���������in style! All smiles and cool ponchos.























"Redneck Ranch" was very funny and full of great detail. Check out the water feature���������very similar to that one in Syracuse. I think in order to afford the gorgeous outdoor kitchen they had in this display, one would have to be a rednecked surgeon. (No picture; too dark.)


















The Association's center feature looked great. I am pretty sure that the fountain is the work of D. A. Spencer.