Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Garden Shows Wrap Up: Plantasia

I have to admit it. I got terrible pictures at Plantasia! I must have been distracted by the kettle corn. So I will post my measly offerings, and Maria, can you help me out? I know you're holding!

The McKinley High float was really cool.






















I am a total sucker for checkerboard pavers with grass or herbs growing in the empty spaces. This was in Tom Mitchell's display.

See? No more good pictures. I'll post the winners here though.

2008 Awards

Overall Best of Show Menne Nursery

Best of Show Large Garden Dore Landscape Associates

Best of Show Small Garden Mitchell Landscaping

Best use of Plant Material Large Garden Menne Nursery

Best use of Plant Material Small Garden Mitchell Landscaping

Best use of Hardscapes Large Garden Chevalier Lawn & Landscape

Best use of Hardscapes Small Garden Murray Brothers Nurseries

Best use of Water Large Garden Dore Landscape Associates

Best use of Water Small Garden Restorff���������s Landscape Service

Best use of Color Menne Nursery

Honorable Mention Beyond the Basics

Best Vendor Green The Springville Business Group

Best Vendor Equipment/Hardscapes Groundhog Landscaping

Best Not for Profit Buffalo Bonsai Society

Buffalo Spree���������s Choice ��������� Vendor Lockwood���������s Greenhouses

Buffalo Spree���������s Choice ��������� Garden Mitchell Landscaping

Valu Home Centers��������� People���������s Choice Award Menne Nursery

No comments: