Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Garden Shows Wrap-Up: GardenScape


I stopped by during set-up on Wednesday. Generally it's a very busy time for the magazine, so I don't. But this year I thought it might make a good column, and also I wanted to drop off some books while I could still drive into Minnett. Here's a view from the stands. (It's two pictures sort of pasted together.)


I was hoping to blog the design challenge, but because it was on the stage I felt too self-conscious to really get close.


The following four images are of Waterford Tillings winning garden, Recycle, Rethink, Regarden. It was a fantastic display. A year I ago I had never heard of Pietro Furgiuele. At last year's show he came up with the design challenge, and I thought he was very clever. Now...this? It's impressive.


Below that, the display for the Genesee Valley chapter of NARGS, designed by Betsy Knapp. Truly great.

The winners are here.

No comments: