Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I Missed It

According to Angela Ingraham of Bristol's Garden Center in Victor, the Winter Study Weekend recently put on by the Genesee Valley Chapter of NARGS was absolutely fantastic. I find this particularly impressive because the chapter has only been in existence for a couple of years. I did know about it ahead of time, and the line-up of speakers and events was truly impressive, but...but...we had company that weekend, and my daughter had some stuff going on, and it was a little expensive. (Not too expensive for what it was, mind you—I think the price was very reasonable. Just expensive as compared to not going.)

Now, of course, I regret very much not having made the time and come up with the dough.

The above photograph, of the rock garden at Wisley, is from my trip in '03. It has nothing to do with the post except for the fact that it's a rock garden. I like pictures!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

*sigh* I so love rock walls. Do you happen to remember what that red-flowered plant in the near left was? I like the shade of its blooms.

Jane M. said...

Hiya Kim. I blew up the image and actually could read the tag; what luck. It's Anthyllis vulneraria var coccinea or kidney vetch, a legume.